Pamelia Kurstin (born May 28, 1976 in Southern California) is a world-renowned Thereminist based in New York who has played and recorded with such prestigious artists as David Byrne and Béla Fleck and the Flecktones and has performed on the television show Saturday Night Live. Her musical training on the upright bass has led to her unique “walking bass” Theremin technique.
She was first recorded on the album Gymnopedie in 2000 as a member of the Theremin/keyboard duo called “The Kurstins” with keyboardist Greg Kurstin. Pamelia currently performs solo and with the New York-based group Barbez. She appeared as herself in the 2004 documentary about legendary electronic instrument pioneer Dr. Robert Moog, entitled Moog.
- The Kurstins, Gymnopedie, Rouge records, 2000.
- Gary Gibbs & the Third Trio from the Sun, First Visit, Artemis Records, 2000.
- Action Figure Party, Action Figure Party, Blue Thumbs records, 2001.
- Barbez, Barbez, Important Records, 2004.
- Pamelia Kurstin, Theremin Orchestra, 2004.
- Moog, 2004.